Nov 1, 2009

You're a fag!!!

Misfortunate Events:

  1. It's 1996, I was in Lebanon meeting a friend, we wanted to have a long weekend together, so he had to lie to his family about coming to Syria to meet me. I went there and we stayed in a hotel room together. A stupid hotel room in a shitty hotel we could barely afford. Suddenly, in our last morning there, the so called "room service" opened the door when we were all over each other. They shut the door right away, but this "motel-like" hotel room's door was wide open for a minute while everyone outside looked at the two of us saying good-bye in the best way you could ever imagine… So, when it was time to leave, people gathered around us, they started to beat us hard… One thing to say about myself, I've never tolerated abuse, I stood up to myself and went out with only a black eye, while my friend had 3 broken ribs, a broken nose, a dislocated shoulder, and many wounds on his face and other body parts. The worst worry before we leave was "what if they called the police?", and after I got him to a hospital we worried about what we are going to tell his family, since we cannot afford to go to the police, we would be put in jail for being "fags" as the people who beat us kept saying over and over.
  1. It's 1996, a few months later, I've already met my first boyfriend, and a female neighbor, who had a crush on me, saw us one day kissing… She actually tried to blackmail me to having sex with her, she said: "We either have an affair, or I'm gonna tell everyone you're a fag!!!"… Only in the Middle East an honest good gay man can be blackmailed by a cheating wife into having an adulterous affair… Relax guys, I did not have sex with her… I have had enough of women for at least a 100 lifetimes during that 10-months-relationship with the girl I told you about.
  1. It's 2006, I've had just broken up with my boyfriend, and I met a nice "rebound material", or that was what I thought. I had to pay him off not to go and tell everyone that I was gay. He would have actually done hadn't I paid him.

Those are the major things that have happened to me… There are many worse stories than these I'm sure. I'm actually going to tell you some of them, but I have already promised to tell my story first

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Join the syrian bloggers community please on www.syplanet.com

    salam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I hope you will check my blog:
    http://agayboyindamascus.blogspot.com/
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete